Technical Tax Specialist
What will the Tax Specialist do?
As an independent chartered accountancy firm, our Technical Tax Specialist takes on a pivotal role within our tax department. In this capacity, the Technical Tax Specialist will be an expert in tax matters. While benefiting from the collective support of our entire team, including our proficient tax specialists, they hold the ultimate responsibility for ensuring the prompt, professional, and high-quality resolution of clients’ complex tax inquiries and challenges.
Main responsibilities –
- Preparing and completing Self Assessment and Capital Gains Tax Returns
- Meeting with prospective clients and offering consultations
- Building client relationships in a client-facing role, responding to their queries promptly
- Devising tax strategies for clients, which may require thorough technical research and assessment for suitability
- Collaborating within the tax department team
Required knowledge and practical understanding of:
- Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax
- Self-Employment accounts and Property Letting Accounts
- CGT reliefs, including Principal Private Residence Relief and Business Asset Disposal Relief
- Share option schemes
- Pension Annual Allowance, Pension Savings Charge, and Pension Lifetime Allowance
- Section 431 elections
- Property tax implications, from stamp duty to capital gains tax
- Inheritance Tax
- Tax residency and non-domicile rules
- Trust tax and trust registration
Other desirable skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong IT skills
- Experience with CCH Personal Tax software
- Ability to use initiative and work to deadlines
- Strong organisational skills
What working at Kench & Co offers!
Our office operates between 9 am and 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday, including a one-hour lunch break. We are accommodating and recognise that individuals may have personal commitments. Therefore, we are open to adjusting work hours within certain core timeframes. After the probation period, we can discuss the possibility of hybrid work arrangements to ensure your success.
You’ll have access to free on-site parking. In the event the on-site parking becomes crowded, there is ample free on-road parking around the office.
Our annual leave policy is quite generous, providing 25 days of leave, excluding bank holidays. You also receive your birthday as an additional day off, separate from your annual allowance. Moreover, the office closes between Christmas and New Year, typically requiring you to use up to 3 days of your annual leave, with up to 3 days given without deducting from your allowance. Additionally, you’ll enjoy the benefit of 5 fully paid sick days per year.
We offer a comprehensive company pension scheme to support your financial future. However, what truly sets us apart is our professional work environment. While the Tax Specialist role may not be without its challenges, our team is incredibly friendly.
How to apply to become our new Tax Specialist!
Please email email@example.com with the subject line “Tax Specialist” and attach your CV and cover letter if possible. If you’re looking for your next rewarding career move, please feel free to reach out.
We are also considering a part-time candidate for this role.